About Me

 


  Hi, I am Kat (or Kathryn). I work as a research scientist at a microscopy lab solving problems like contamination identification. I also enjoy taking photomicrographs (pictures taken with microscopes) of all the beautiful little things in the world from insects and fungi to minerals and crystals. I am pursuing a degree in biochemistry and have a previous degree in biotechnology. 

    I live with my husband, step-daughter and our 3 dogs🐶 and 2 cats🐱. We enjoy going on adventures together hiking, kayaking and mushroom🍄 foraging. I love learning about the all the plants, insects, spiders, mushrooms and other critters that live in Georgia, and I keep a vegetable and herb garden. I cannot bring myself to kill bugs when they eat my veggies ever since I have looked into their eyes with my microscope. Instead, I grow plants around the garden that help repel insects from the area. I also play D&D with my husband and friends. My husband even has written a D&D campaign book which is an adventure about a war between aliens and genies.
Two photomicrographs the first is a stacked image of a fly's eyes the second is chrysotile asbestos in cross polarized light. 















Comments

Popular Posts